Saturday, June 6, 2009

top 10 reasons my child woke up at 5:00 am on Saturday


10. The Tinkerbell movie is more magical in the pre-dawn hours.

9.  It's the best way to extend the most fun day of the week.  After all, if it starts at 5:00, it's three hours longer than every other day.

8.  It's the only way mom will give a slice of cheese for breakfast without any questions.

7.  Promises of Saturday fun are too exciting to sleep through.

6.  There's an extra element of surprise, not knowing who will come when she starts yelling.  Mom, dad? Dad, mom?

5.  It's the best way to garauntee mom will have breakfast made for dad by the time he wakes up.  It's important to look out for him since he has worked so hard Monday-Friday. 

4.  Friday night sleep is strangely rejuvenating for those under 5.  Less is more.

3.  It's the only sure-fire way to be wide awake by the time Saturday morning cartoons start at 7:00.

2.  It usually results in getting breakfast twice.

1.  It moves Saturday nap time to 11:00, which leaves the whole afternoon open for swimming!

9 comments:

Kim Shaeffer said...

Amazingly, my 7 month old has already figured this out. He usually sleeps until about 8 or 9. This morning he was wide awake and wanting to play at 6:30. GO FIGURE!!!

Krystal said...

I must not be such a dedicated wife and mother. (History: We all had a very late night after spending time with visiting family.) At 5 this morning, when my 4-year-old woke me up, I ignored him for several minutes before going to lie down on his bed with him. When he fell asleep, I returned to bed. He returned at 7 something, at which time I turned on "Adventures in Odyssey" and actually got some more sleep. Forget making breakfast for Dad (who incidently got up at 6 to go running with friends). Forget handing out snacks. I was a lazy wife/mom. It's okay, though. Once I got up for good, I took care of them. Yawn. Isn't it time for Mom's nap now???

Loved your post!

Cathy said...

What a good mommy you are. How did you type without making spelling mistakes as your eyes slowly closed? Does this mean an earlier bedtime, since the day started early? Love the post!

Laurie in Ca. said...

Yep Angie,

It sounds to me like your normal and blessed routine is right on track with two little ones to keep you hopping:) Isn't life grand? I love you girl and hope everyone is healthy and happy. Do we love Miss Hope Amelia or what??:) Such a blessing and promise kept by God.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Have loved your blog for a long time but have just entered the blog world. I enjoyed reading your blog today.
I am still finding my way around blogland....
I always love making new friends..

I am posting about Disney so hope you will stop by.
Each comment enters you for the June giveaway.

Pea Pod Mommy said...

My kids are up between 5-6 every morning! I feel like I should groan (and maybe sometimes I do), but especially in the summer when the sun is coming up that early ~ I love getting the day started!

Radar's Mom said...

This morning when Radar woke me up at 5am I asked him why and I begged him to let mommy sleep just one more hour. I couldn't understand his answer, but I think it may have been along the lines of, "fat chance mommy!"

Jennifer said...

I am so glad that my child is not the only one that does this! We have started not telling her that when Saturday is coming up and then usually she will sleep a little later.

leslianne said...

this is hysterical. aevyn has been waking up at 5:30 for a couple of weeks now. i am so SICK OF IT! all of these things resonated in my heart. i laughed my head off. i sure love you guys.