2. I think resurrection eggs are a great idea! I have never seen them before this year, but I used them recently to tell the Easter story and I loved it.
3. March Madness is heavenly to me. There is no sporting event that can hold a candle to it. Brackets, back-to-back games, upsets and Cinderella stories... I love it.
4. We play volleyball with our Sunday School class at church, and tonight we kissed our undefeated season goodbye. I hate to lose, but we're still holding out hope for winning the overall championship.
5. I just ordered two new books, one on marriage and one on parenting. I was given advice recently to read as many on both subjects as I could, and I realized that it had been years since I had read a book on either one. The marriage book is called Love and War and the parenting book is Shepherding a Child's Heart. I'll let you know what I learn!
6. Marianna has her first soccer game on Saturday. It feels so momentous: the first sporting event of what will surely be hundreds to come. Marianna may not know much about the rules just yet, but she does have the gear: pink socks, pink shorts, pink and black cleats, and a soccer ball with pink markings. To her, what else matters?
7. We were talking the other day about her first game, and Marianna asked, "Mom, what happens if I fall down and the grass gets me? Do I still keep playing?" Her tone indicated she didn't see how that could be possible. I realized this might be an interesting season.
8. I love that Adrienne is a hugger. She'll give a hug to anyone she meets, and if you don't see her coming, it's more like a tackle.
9. It was with a lot of joy that I packed away all of the girls' winter clothes this week.
10. That being said, I am fully prepared to go through a cold snap or two between now and permanently warm weather. But that's just life. We'll slap on some Springy white sweaters with our summer dresses, and we'll deal it. There's no turning back now. Spring is here!