Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Yesterday...

...while I was running I was hit by the most glorious wave of honey suckle saturated air I have every smelled. It was heavenly.

...I had it on good authority that, and I quote, "Adrienne crushed a lady bug with her bare hands!" Maybe it was the first, maybe not. Hard to know about that sort of thing.

...I got on my parents' new trampoline for the first time. The kids have been jumping NON-STOP for the past week, but it wasn't until yesterday that I ventured up there with Marianna. I laid flat on my back and closed my eyes while she bounced in circles around me. It was almost like getting a massage.

...we had vegetarian burrito casserole for dinner, and it was delicious!

...I finished the invitations to Adrienne's second birthday party. In less than two weeks, she is going to be two. Oh my goodness.

...I ate some of the homemade strawberry jam that Marianna and I made after our two strawberry picking adventures last week. I could have eaten it by the spoonful.

...an opportunity presented itself for me to think long and hard about how to truly "shepherd my child's heart." I want so badly to guide my girls through life in a loving and biblically sound way, but sometimes it's difficult in the middle of the situation to be 100% positive exactly what to do. I was reassured (for the zillionth time) that parenting is something that must be done by looking to God constantly for the wisdom and strength needed to be the mom He has called me to be.

...after watching American Idol, it was confirmed that I really don't care who wins this year. I hardly even have a favorite.

...I went to bed before 10:00. Can't remember the last time I did that, but boy, do I feel rested this morning.

5 comments:

Laurie in Ca. said...

I love reading about how things are going in your family. Aren't the smells of Spring just heavenly? I have jasmine all around the house that is going to burst any day now. These fragrances are a gift to us right from His Hands. I can't believe that Adrienne is turning two. I think of you often and am so blessed to watch your family grow.

Love and Hugs, Laurie

julie said...

totally agree with you on american idol! dont know what it is ab them this time, but i dont care for any of them.

Brandi said...

Me either. I didn't even really watch AI last night. It was on as background noise. I'm afraid it's the beginning of the end of the show with Paula being gone and now Simon leaving and the group they have this year.

Deb D. said...

Love to hear the tidbits of what's going on in your life. I, too, am surprised Adrienne is nearly 2. That means (to me) I've been following your blog for more than 2 years. My. Time goes so quickly. And no wonder I enjoy checking your blog regularly. I've been "keeping in touch" with you for a while now!

P.S. With you on the Ido thing. Really don't care. In fact, hoping Big Mike goes off tonight.

Unknown said...

Hi! I know I am a blog-stalker, but just wanted to let you know that I think you rock. You are touching people's lives you don't even know!

You have received a "beautiful blog (and blogger) award!" A little cheesy, I know, but I couldn't resist!