Saturday, March 29, 2008

so the book is gone...

Several people have asked about what happened to the missing chapters of my book, so I thought I should probably explain. I'm still writing (I'm working on chapter 9 right now) but I have been advised that I needed to go ahead and take it off. I have no idea what will come of this, but I have turned in the first portion of my book to a publisher for review. That being the case, I was told that it would not be a good idea to have it all in print, because of issues of copyright with a potential publisher. Again, I have NO idea what will happen. I may not hear anything back for weeks or months, and even then, it might be a "sorry, this just isn't right for us." But, I didn't want to leave you hanging for however long I have to wait to find out one way or another.

Thank you so much for your encouragement with the first several chapters. I feel like it is my honor and privilege to record this story. It had nothing to do with any merit on my part, yet God chose me to be a central player in the unfolding of His beautiful work. It's nothing I could have ever chosen for myself, but since God chose it for me, I feel like I must write it down. I trust that the compulsion I'm feeling to get this story out of my heart and onto paper is something that has been placed in me by God. Only He knows what will come of it, but I trust whatever He has in mind.