Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Great News!

I read this today and it really lifted my spirits...

You will make known to me the path of life;
In your presence is fullness of joy;
In your right hand there are pleasures forever.
(Psalm 16:11)

Here's what I think that means:

You will make known to me the path of life;
God knows it all; there are no mysteries to Him. Furthermore, He will reveal His plan to us in His time. I can't understand why this is happening to my family, but I rejoice in knowing that He is in control.

In your presence is fullness of joy;
Our source of comfort is Jesus Himself. The comfort is not partial because it lies with a perfect Savior; He is complete and total and His comfort is beyond sufficient. Despite this present pain and the looming loss that I so greatly fear, I am provided for and I need to lean hard on Jesus.

In your right hand there are pleasures forever.
Our Lord holds all that is good and that supply is not limited. Poppy's condition is temporary and He plans to unleash on Angie, Marianna, Poppy and me all that is perfect.

Thank you, Jesus, for this wonderful passage!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a blessing to me and surely to all who know you and see the light of Jesus shinning through your life during what could be a very dark time.
I do not know how people w/out Him manage to survive.

Suzanne said...

My husband, Chuck, spoke to Angie by phone (I left a phone message). We recently had a son, Peyton, who was born with Trisomy 18. He lived about 3 hours. We live, and Peyton was born, in the Memphis area. I have "practical" advice, if you need it. You are leaning on Christ, which is the absolute best thing to do at all times.