Wednesday, May 21, 2008

a bump in the road

Today didn't bring about the news we had expected-but then with everything we know about adoption, maybe we should have planned on something out of the ordinary. I won't go into the details, but while we will get to meet Adrienne tomorrow, we won't be able to bring her home. It is our hope that sometime next week placement will happen. The particular circumstances are out of our control, yet we still feel a peace and confidence that Adrienne Christine will be our daughter. The more we hear, the more we see God's hand on this. I don't believe that God has to give signs in order for something to take place, but I feel like He's let certain things happen that allowed us to know that this is the child for us.

Thank you for your continued prayers as we watch everything unfold. We are dying to have her with us, yet understanding that God has everything in control. It's a good place to be, but certainly not the easiest! I'll update tomorrow after we meet her. I can't wait.

17 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! I am SO happy for you! I can't wait to see her picture!

Michelle

boltefamily said...

I will continue praying. You are right, God is in control of all of this. His timing is perfect.

I am so happy for you and your family Angie! You must be so excited! Please keep us posted.

Love and Prayers,

Kristy

Anonymous said...

Praying for you, Nathan and big sister Marianna.

Enjoy your day tomorrow meeting Adrienne Christine.

Can't wait to meet her through pictures and in person.

Love ya,
Miss Lisa

Emily said...

I am holding my breath for you, as I so intimately know the bumps in the road to adoption. God's carrying us all home, really he is, and Adrienne is no exception. Can't wait til she's there with you! :)

Just Me said...

Sending prayers to all of you. I too can hardly wait to see pictures!
Take care,
Amanda

Trudy said...

We will continue to pray for you. Thank you for sharing this good news - it makes me happy to see the goodness of God.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the updates, I am so excited for you I check in so often! I will also continue praying. Enjoy your first meeting with Adrienne Christine tommorrow, I will be thinking of your family and praying that everything be perfect for you ...

God bless you,

N. Palhinha

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I will continue to pray.

Rebecca

Laurin said...

Looking so forward to hearing how this sweet meeting will go...praying.

Erin said...

So excited for you and your family. Continued prayers for peace in the waiting.

Laurie in Ca. said...

Praying for the Lords perfect timing here Angie as everything unspoken is being worked out. Praying for your hearts to be at total peace while you wait. I can hardly wait to meet her in your family photo that you will be posting here:) !! I love you guys and am so blessed for you.

Love, Laurie in Ca.

Candi and Skeet said...

Praying for you!!

Liz Rich said...

praying for you and your family! Praise God!

Kim (marygracesummons.blogspot.com) said...

Praying for the bumps to be smoothed out by the Maker's hands. We love you!
Kim

Angie Wyatt said...

I am so excited for you and your family! My two nieces are adopted, and I know what joy they have brought to my family. I do remember the ups and downs of adoption. I remember crying many tears with my sister-n-law and brother. In the end GOD Blessed them with two angels!! I can't wait for you to feel that joy!! I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Love in Christ,
Angie
Southaven, MS

Debbie said...

Wonderful news for your family. God will take care of the bumps. You are in my prayers.

Debbie

Jen in Al said...

thank you so much for the update! Praying for you all! Can't wait to hear about your special time meeting your baby girl! Blessings, jen in al