Friday, May 27, 2011

What's for dinner?


Lately, my answer to this very often asked question usually comes from my gold mine of a recipe go to place: allrecipes.com.

I know there are a bunch of different recipe websites out there, but this one has been the perfect fit for me. For starters, it has a recipe for just about whatever I can think of, so if I want to get a recipe for something specific, it's easy. I also love the reviews. I rarely ever make a dish just as it is written, since I find so many great suggestions from the people who have already forged that new territory before me. I've also been impressed by how many great meal ideas I've found by searching around on the website.

Since I started using allrecipes.com frequently, it has become my goal to try at least one new recipe a week. That doesn't sound impressive at all, and it's not, but it is definitely breaking ground for me. I have had a set of staple recipes that I have run into the ground over the past nine years, and since I'm nothing like my creative, food wizard of a sister-in-law, it was a rarity to try something new. But this makes it easy for me, and since it has been easy, I've done it. And after doing it, I've found that it is really fun to try something new on a weekly basis! For a non culinary expert like myself, it has made meals something exciting and worth the wait. If you have been in the same boat as me, try it out! I don't think you will be disappointed.

3 comments:

jeanne said...

I love that site. I use it often when I'm bored with my own cooking. I love to at least get ideas. I got a great low carb meatloaf recipe from there and have taken it to people and have had great results. I think I could chunk most of my recipes books and never miss them!

Anna said...

angie! you're too sweet. i'm no wiz :P i love allrecipes, though! i go there to look up an idea and then i usually alter their recipes to make my own!! great suggestion :D and i think one new recipe a week is a great goal! see you MONDAY!!?!!?! (pray for us. packing STINKS!)

harada57 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.