Tuesday, May 25, 2010

oh diapers, where art thou?

Today was packing day, because in the morning we are off for a 7 day vacation to Connecticut, Massachusetts, and New York! We are all thrilled about the trip, but this packing...whew. It has really taken it out of me this time. 7 days worth of packing for four has left my mind boggled and my body beat. Or maybe that's the new baby on the way. Or maybe it's both.

I think my strategy in attacking this project was flawed from the get go. Instead of packing for one person at a time, I began packing for all of us in stages. I'd do a little in our room, then head to Marianna's, then to Adrienne's, then back to Marianna's to put back everything that Adrienne had just pulled out of Marianna's bag, then back to Adrienne's to see what she was pulling out in hers. It's been crazy. And in the midst of the craziness, I realized that I had lost 100 diapers. Gone. Vanished. Diapers of all things. I scoured Adrienne's room then Marianna's, and I found nothing. I knew I had bought the giant pack of diapers from Sam's just a week ago, but knowing that doesn't mean squat if I couldn't find them. So it was off to Target for me tonight to buy a new pack.

When I got home, I found all the diapers in the girls' doll house. We are now definitely covered for the trip.

So once we finally get off on this trip, what do we have in store? A visit with Nathan's brother in New Haven, which includes a tour of Yale (where he works) a hike, and a visit to a terrific ice cream parlor. A 3 day trip to Boston where we will go to a Red Sox game, walk the Freedom Trail, and do a little whale watching. We are wrapping it up with two days in New York where we plan on visiting the American Girl store, and seeing Mary Poppins on Broadway.

We can't wait.

And we can't wait for that new little baby either. I wasn't really going to leave you with just that snippet. We are expecting this next little one early December, and we are so excited and ready to see what God has in store. I don't know everything the next months hold, but I couldn't feel more sure that God is in control, and He will be walking us through every step of the way.

28 comments:

Deb D. said...

So delighted for the sweet little one you are carrying. We here in cyberspace will be watching with joy to see how your family continues to grow and change. God bless you!

Dee Dee said...

CONGRATS! So excited for you all! [Thank you, Lord!]

Katrina said...

Congratulations!!! That is such exciting news! I saw the snippet in my reader, and immediately clicked over thinking "I don't remember her announcing that..." hehe

Just Me said...

I started reading this and was like whoa what wha...did I miss the new baby thing in a previous post or on facebook?! Tricky tricky ;) But SO exciting! Congratulations! I love watching your families grow...and maybe some day you will get to watch ME grow one :)

Have a fun vacation!
Take care,
Amanda

Faith said...

Yay!!

Kim said...

Hooray for new babies! And that trip sounds amazing!

Jessica Kenney said...

Very excited for you and your family! Praying for you during this exciting time!

Anonymous said...

Congrats about the new baby. When I read that sentence I assumed I had missed a previous post and was dreading having to go down them and find the right one. What exciting news!!

Barbara Taylor
Arkansas

PS I've been reading your blog since you were pregnant with Poppy--praying for you during that time. I will put you back on the pray list as you await the arrival of this precious bundle of joy.

PeaceLoveHappiness said...

Awesome news! Congratulations to you and your family! What a blessing. We will be praying!

Chris and Emily said...

oh, Congrats!!! So excited for you guys.

Betsy@Living in the Moment said...

Congratulations! I was reading that sentence and thinking "Did I miss something?" That is incredible news. I love the trip you have planned. Sounds like my dream trip. Enjoy and safe travels!

Mel said...

Oh my, the girls will just love the american girl store and mary poppins! Sounds like you will have a great time!

Whitney said...

Congratulations on the new baby on the way. I started following you back before Poppy was born, only a month or so after losing my own daughter to Trisomy 18. Our next daughter is now a few months old. So excited for you. Best wishes!

Tonia said...

Whew! I hope your trip is awesome. Sounds like so much fun!! And of course congratulations on the new little one!! So excited to see how God blesses you

Tracy: said...

HOW EXCITING!! Congrats on the new little one! Have a wonderful vacation! Sounds heavenly!

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

Congratulations! And glad you found the diapers.

Penny said...

Congratulations, Adrienne! How exciting! :)

Pam said...

Congratulations!! So, so excited to follow your journey and see where God takes you. Praise Him, the giver of all good things!!

alane said...

Congratulations! So excited to hear about your little one on the way! Have a wonderful trip.

KrazyMom said...

I immediately started flipping through old posts to see if I had missed something. LOL! Congratulations! I am so happy for you!

Have a great trip! The girls will love American Girl and Mary Poppins! We had my daughters birthday at American Girl and they are such great memories! :)

trennia said...

congrats!

Pat N Fl said...

Congrats, and enjoy your trip.

Pat N Fl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
D said...

Congrats!! And you will love the Freedom Trail! I <3 Boston and NYC!

Much love,
Dawn

Cathy said...

The trip sounds wonderful and praying that a good time is had by all! Congratulations on your new little addition.

Jennifer said...

So excited for you!

KYnurse said...

What awesome news!! Congratulations.

sanjeet said...

Congratulations!!! That is such exciting news!
PPC Advertising India